Grants & Programs
Named in honor of Sterling Welch, DO, for his outstanding generosity to the AOF and his desire to support Osteopathic medical students and promote education, this grant was established to provide monetary aid to Osteopathic medical students.
Each College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM) and branch campus may nominate ONE student who is in significant financial need to receive a $1,250 grant.
Each recipient will receive the Welch grant directly to help defray costs during the student's education.
In addition to noted financial constraints, the recipients are selected have solid academic achievement, voluntarily participate in extracurricular service activities, and have a strong commitment toward Osteopathic medicine.
- Current OMS II or OMS III enrolled at a COCA-Accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine (COM/SOM).
- In good academic standing
- Outstanding academic achievements
- Demonstrated financial need while completing Osteopathic medical education
- Demonstrated commitment to Osteopathic medicine and the profession
- Volunteer community service activities outside of college requirements
- Previous Golden Ticket Winners, Anderson Minority Scholarship WInners, and Presidential Memorial Leadership Scholars are not eligible for this award.