Grants & Programs
For nearly twenty years, the AOF/AOA’s Presidential Memorial Leadership Award annually honors and recognizes Osteopathic medical students who are deeply committed to the principles of Osteopathic medicine and who have taken great strides toward becoming top student leaders.
These individuals are shining examples within the profession and have been instrumental in motivating people. They take conscious, well-calculated steps to develop themselves and they strive to encourage and inspire their peers.
Presidential Memorial Leadership Awardees are seen to be the leaders of the future. As top leaders, they motivate and guide people and organizations from where they are to where they need to be.
- An Osteopathic medical student in good standing at a COCA-Accredited College/School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Rising OMS II, OMS III or OMS IV
- Current membership in the Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA)
- Demonstrated commitment to the Osteopathic profession
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated use of these skills
- Noteworthy accomplishments, awards and honors, special projects, and extracurricular activities that demonstrate the nominee’s ability to be a leader
Learn more about this year's Presidential Memorial Leadership Award Winner.